Friday, July 3, 2009

Fourth of July week

July 2
Today we went to see a school for the first time. It was exceptionally interesting to see the children and watch the mentor teach the children. They were excited to have us there. Everyone is very nice, and one of the supervisors accompanied us. It was actually outside the city, making it so beautifly. I'm glad that people went this us because we would have gotten lost for sure.

We have learned a lot from being the school. I wish that we had more time to collect information. The kids were very smart despite the fact that their room was so sparce. By the time we were done we were very hungry. So we took some time to get sushi. It was delicious. I was so glad to have something that I really liked. After that we got invited to some kind of presentation, but I'm still not sure what it is that we were attending.

We came back to the kitten, he is just so cute. I had to give him another bath. He has too many fleas to be in the house. I fell asleep very early because I was so tired. We have gotten good at taking the boda boda's around the town. During the day they are pretty scary weaving in and out of traffic, but at night it is so nice to be able to have someone take you straight home. The taxis are always cramped and uncomforatble. Dustin and Andrew in particular have trouble because they have long legs.

July 3

Today we had another meeting at the foundation. This time we met with all of the mentors. They seemed very interested to meet us. I helped one woman call the U.S. from her phone. She was trying to help her friend change the name on a plane ticket. It was our good deed for the day.

After that I went around trying to find some kitty litter. It is actually pretty difficult to find. I guess most people keep their cats outside. Dustin went to get a hair cut, so I have had the house to myself this afternoon. It's been rather pleasant. I found someone to take the kitten. The girl next door said she would take him. It is something that I was worried about.

Tomorrow we are going to somewhere around the embassy. they are having some kind of event. should be fun.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ginger. It sounds as if you are getting out and about. What did you guys do with the children. Today is the 4th of July. We are at home but will probably go the Bayou Bluff for awhile and then up to the yaht club for the fireworks. I am watching Wimbledon and taking it easy. I have been working with all my clients this week. I have a lot going on with my work. I am having trouble staying focused when I am at home with Katie and Christopher. We have had Buddy for about a week. It has been a little trying at times. He is very much a puppy and wants to play. He aggrevates Lucy. I bought the blue green dress you tried on at LVB it was on sale for $30. Christopher is starting his baseball district play this week. It takes up so much of the summer. Not sure I like it. Love reading you blogs. Take Care.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nannie Ann
    We are in Dallas with Uncle Ed and his family and having a good time. We went to Ft. Worth first to see Uncle Bill's mom and saw the symphony and fireworks at the Botanical Garden. It was hot but very nice. Tonight we are going to a Ranger's game and Uncle Ed's office has a suite that we will be able to watch the game and fireworks from. It should be nice.

    We have also been doing some good shopping. We go back to Baton Rouge tomorrow -

    Sounds like you have had a good week. Happy 4th of July.

    love nannie ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw Mrs. Bari and Brent Wessler in the grocery store. They said to tell you hi and that they were thinking about you.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ginger, I am surprised that you could find such nice accomadations on your birthday or any other day. Maybe I am thinking things are more backward than they are. It finally rained here and we wanted to just sit and look at it since it has been so long. This is my really busy time of the year. I am either giving workshops or working on the warehouse trying to help get orders out. Bobby has really been helping me every day do something.
    Aunt Athalie died and her funeral in Wedmesday. Bobby and I are driving up for that.Christopher and Mike leave Sunday I think. Emma has been helping me some. She is playing on a beach volly ball team so she doesn't have much spare time. She is leaving for England with her English grandmother on the 26th. Wish I could go as I am sure the trip will be great fun. Cole is starting to play tennis which should be interesting since he has such a terrible temper.
    Emma and Cole went to Hatisburg with their other grandmother to watch their cousins play tennis and ran into Christopher. Emma said he was surrounded by a group of girls and seemed embarresed when she walked up to him.Ha!
    I hope you and Katie will come visit me when you get back. I will treat you to something nice. Take care and be safe.
    Love and kisses, KK

    ReplyDelete