Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our proposal

June 15

We presented our proposal today before the IRB. It was an extremely long affair, although Dr. Bagenda told us that it was actually quiet short. We were the last ones on the agenda which was at 1:00, and we arrived at 9:00. We have to sit through several proposals, some of which were not even research. I'm not sure why they were presenting in the first place

When it finally came time for us to present, they had a lot of changes for us to make. It was pretty disheartening. Dustin and I took the rest of the day off. I just laid on the couch and watched movies.

June 16
Today I'm over it. It was upsetting to be criticized so heavily, but after a night of rest I feel much better. It's hard to keep in mind that this is a learning experience and our first time doing something like this. Part of the problem is a problem of understanding the type of research that we do. Dustin and I talked through it and came up with a plan of action.

We also had a meeting at the foundation that got cancelled without being notified. This is actually the second week in a row. I actually didn't mind because we went to our favorite pizza place. It's really refreshing to have a place that tastes familiar.

We went home after the cancelled meeting and spent the evening around the house.

June 17
Today has been a day full of writing. One exciting thing is that we met someone who works with the ministry of health. He wants us to meet his colleagues in the Ministry. I think it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment