Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fifth Weekend

I forgot some other things that happened over the weekend. Friday we went out with our friend to watch more football. It's getting really exciting now that it's coming to the end of the tournament and the stakes are high. We went to watch at the rugby club, which was kind of cool. We ran around on the field afterward and I think we embarrassed our friends a little bit. Two white girls running and doing cartwheels.

I'm not going to talk about the U.S./Ghana game

Yesterday I went with our friends Sonja and Moses to watch the Germany/England game, since I needed a new team to cheer for. It was a lot of fun because we went to a restaurant that was German. I always like being in places where everyone is going for the same team. And they won big, which made it even better. We have decided to ask Moses to help us with our research project some. I think it will be a good fit. I'm not sure if I already said or in case you forgot, but Moses and Sonja run an organization that sponsors young kids from the slum to play football and go to school. In case anyone who plays soccer is interested, they could use some sponsors. Their team of slum kids is actually really good. They always beat everyone.

Lastly, my birthday is coming up soon. Meagan is telling everyone, and I'm not used to all of the attention surrounding it. I think it will be fun though, we are going to try to make a rum cake, which will be an adventure. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not sure what I'm going to do on Wednesday, since that is the actual day of my birthday. We are talking about trying to go and get Thai food. Last year I treated myself to a massage, but I don't know if that's what I want. Got any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Ginger
    I continue to marvel at your adventures and made Uncle Bill wait so I could finish reading your last few posts.

    Uncle Bill and I spent the last weekend in New Orleans with friends and had a great time eating our way around the City. We also went to the WWII museum and saw a new movie that Tom Hanks put together. It was very good. We stayed at an old hotel that was recently restored called the Roosevelt which use to be the Fairmont .

    We are planning a big 4th of July gathering and will miss you. Uncle Michael is taking out the house boat and we are bringing our boat and hopefully there will be fish to be caught.

    Tonight was unusually cool and I got to sit out on the patio and read for the fisrt time in months. I thought of you.

    We look forward to your blog-Have a great week. love nannie ann

    ReplyDelete