Sunday, July 11, 2010

Just to let everyone know...

Meagan and I are aware of the attacks that happened in the city last night. I'm posting so that you know we are safe at home and were not effected by the attacks although I think it is safe to say that we are both a little rattled and uneasy about what is going on. We are struggling to get information about what happened since it occurred so late in the night and now it is still very early in the morning. I do know that one of the places, the rugby club is one that we have frequented. You may remember about Meagan and I running on a rugby field. That is the place where one of the bombs went off. So we are definitely blessed to have been somewhere else in the night watching the game. However, I hope you will keep those people who were effected in your prayers. I will keep everyone posted through the blog as soon as anything else happens.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ginger,

    I'm writing a feature about the work you and Ginger are doing in Uganda. Will you be available today or tomorrow for a quick phone interview?

    Thanks so much,
    Beth Spencer
    Staff reporter/webmaster/copy editor
    The Daily Helmsman
    abspencr@memphis.edu
    901-552-7518

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger
    I was relieved to hear you and Meagan are safe. I have been following the story since I heard about it at 6AM today on NPR. Keep us updated on how you and your friends are doing -You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
    love nannie ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginger
    so glad that you and megan are okay. What did the US embassy advise about leaving. Be careful. Pops offered our Mass for you and for the victims of the bombing.
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger, I was concerned when I heard the story as well so was very happy to see you were safe. We missed you over the 4th of July - it was great to see everybody. Of course David & Michael got the stomach virus - it's not a Halphen holiday until someone throws up! It reminded of the time when you were about four and I must have about 21 and we were sleeping in the same room and you threw up in our bed! Good memories!!! Glad you are safe - thinking of you often.

    Aunt Renee

    ReplyDelete