Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reassessment time

June 23

We've had to totally reassess our project because I don't think that we will get approval in time to do direct research. So we've come up with a few things and decided that we would still try to do as much work as we can while we're here. I was upset about it at first, and I was particularly worried about how Dustin was going to react, but I think we're both over it.

June 24
We've made a new friend today! Her name is Joan and she let us interview her, but once we ran out of questions we ended up talking for a long time after. She was actually our tour guide. You might remember her from that. She has two kids, and she said that she was going to take us to see them because they live with their grandmother outside of the city. Anyway, we had a lot of fun hanging out with her, and I think she had fun too.

My birthday is coming up soon but I'm not sure what to plan for myself. I think I might go to the spa or something.

On another note the mouse in our house is still at large. Dustin said he saw it sitting in our living room chair. The gaul right? We also think he's been eating out of the trap but not getting stuck. I think we need to come up with a new plan.

Just so everyone knows, I do get all of the comments. It's really fun for me to sit down and read them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ginger, It's KK.
    You are eating food that I have no idea what it is. Doesn't sound like you are going hungry.
    Cole went to camp this week in Tyler Texas. The camp called yesterday and ask Jennifer to come get him. There is some kind of virus going around and they said they had over 80 children throwing up. That would be interesting. I will treat you to something wonderful for your birthday when you get home. I am working on a new project with new technology. It is fun but stressful as sometimes I get tired of always having to learn more and more. I am thinking of getting a new IPhone but here again new technology. I guess it keeps my brain active.
    Love reading your blog. Keep the info coming.
    Love and kisses,
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nannie Ann

    Hi Ginger-We are winding down from a week of baseball with LSU winning the National Championship. Caroline came home from Nashville last night so we are glad to have her back-We leave on Thursday for Dallas to see Ed and Family for July 4th.

    Uncle Bill and I went to see the new Star Treck movie this weekend which I slept thru but Uncle Bill really enjoyed it-

    I hope your deviled eggs went over well at the Bar b Que-let us know how things went.

    It sounds like you and Dustin are adapting and being flexible with the situtation which is a great exercise in and of itself.

    I don't know how well we would do in Uganda since patience is not a Halphen quality-you on the other hand seem to have the gift.

    We think of you often. love nannie ann

    ReplyDelete